A history of success.
Our expertise in financial process automation knows no bounds.
From consumer goods and technology, to travel and tourism, we have worked with diverse businesses across various industries, and have delivered successful projects in more than thirty countries, including:
With a diversified portfolio of established brand names such as Wilkinson Sword®, Hawaiian Tropic®, Playtex®, and Wet Ones®, and operations in more than 50 markets worldwide, Edgewell required an agile solution, fully compliant with country-specific mandated tax codes and applicable laws, that improved transparency and reduced costs.
avvaneo's international team of industry experts customized, configured, and have successfully implemented the tailored financial process automation (FPA) solution in Mexico, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Germany, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand and the Czech Republic.
“The successful completion of a project of this scale — from industry expertise and analysis to project management, implementation, and support — underscores avvaneo’s expertise and commitment to success,” said Jennifer Wetzel, Sr IT Manager - Financial Applications of Edgewell. “This engagement was a pivotal step and we are very pleased to have partnered with avvaneo to complete it on-time and under-budget.”
- Stabilize: Audit, streamline, and enhance the current system to bring it in line with Edgewell’s requirements.
- Strategize: Define requirements for aggressive growth and create plan to achieve “Automation 2.0.”
- Operate: Engage a qualified, capable partner to execute against demanding growth timeline on plan.
- Edgewell’s inherited system has been brought in-line with current operating requirements.
- Obsolete functionality has been disabled, generic processes streamlined, and new functionality added to drive further process improvement.
- “Automation 2.0” has been initiated and is ongoing according to schedule.
- Multiple rollouts have been successfully delivered.
- A trusted project team has been established and is operating as an extension of Edgewell’s internal SAP experts.
Edgewell’s inherited systems has been transformed and the vision of “Automation 2.0” is now a realistic undertaking that has successfully begun.
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, Hatch draws upon its 9,000-team member in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for their clients, employees, and the communities they serve. Hatch engineers tackle design and build solutions to tough issues — from sustainable business and responsible energy to innovations in mining, water development and smart cities.
- Remove bottlenecks caused by inbound invoices that involve multiple business areas, requiring approval from multiple people in different departments who are often unavailable or out of the office
- Eliminate unnecessary re-work caused by serialized processing
- Aggregate and improve visibility and reporting of project expenses so managers can determine total costs of projects
- Reduce workload through improved visibility of processing data during the payment process
- Modification of the approval workflow to parallelize the review and approval of individual invoice items
- Integration of Concur expense management data, ensuring SAP reports shows a consolidated view of expenses alongside other project costs
- Provided access to key information from the invoice approval step to users during the payment approval process
Hatch has removed unnecessary delays from inbound invoice processing, reducing the time it takes for process invoices, therefore enabling Hatch to re-charge costs much sooner as well as providing greater flexibility of when to make payment. Managers have a complete view of costs and key information they need for improved project management and ongoing cost control.
Venlo, Netherlands based, QIAGEN serves more than 500,000 customers around the globe, delivering Sample to Insight solutions for molecular testing. The company employs some 4,700 employees in more than 25 countries. As a public company listed on the New York Stock and Frankfurt Prime Standard exchanges, transparency, accountability, and good corporate governance are of tantamount importance.
- Document the current system configuration and all changes since implementation
- Implement current change requests within the existing system
- Establish best practices for future changes and country rollouts
- Reconciliation and documentation of all system configurations and changes to date
- Efficiency gains from changes requests implemented within the existing system including parallel workflows for multiple cost center approvals, reduction in time needed to approve invoices, and the auto-coding of non-PO invoices based on defined criteria
- Pre-approved designs and best practices eliminate unexpected scenarios during implementation
- Successful additional rollouts to Japan, Korea, China, Hong Kong, and Mexico (including support for the CFDI e-invoice standard)
QIAGEN’s system has been fully documented and updated, including QIAGEN’s own best practices and standards. The stabilized and documented system made it possible to roll-out the solution to more countries in a shorter than expected timeframe, without affecting normal business processes, whilst ensuring future enhancements and requirements are supported and compliant.
Südzucker AG is one of the food industry’s most significant companies with segments in sugar, special products, CropEnergies, and fruit, and it is the world’s largest sugar producer with an annual production of 5.9 million tons and 29 sugar factories and two refineries located across Europe. Formed in 1926, the €7.0bn-company employs over 18.500 people and is dedicated to operational excellence and customer-centricity. The company’s business strategy is predicated on being a trusted adviser that meets its promise of secure supply, stunning service, and sustainable solutions.
- Engage a trusted partner to maximize efficiency of current solution
- Upgrade all components of current system to latest versions, including:
- Accounts payable automation
- Vendor and GL account master data management
- Sales order processing
- FI – internal recharge handling
- Resolve technical issues left outstanding by previous delivery partner
- Implement system changes highlighted by the team including an integration to automatically validate tax registration details against the government portal
- avvaneo successfully upgraded all components, managing the entire planning, implementation, and stabilization process to ensure the upgrade took place with minimal impact to users
- avvaneo held a workshop to review all outstanding issues and change requests with the Sudzucker team, established priorities, created a plan, and executed against it
- Sudzucker has a trusted project team in place to implement ongoing system enhancements and provide ongoing strategic advice that impacts efficiency and outcome of business processes
Sudzucker successfully transitioned their system, which was in danger of becoming obsolete thereby losing mainstream support, and whose performance had been hampered by the team's inability to implement new fixes and change requests, to an entirely updated and stable system optimized to achieve more significant benefits for the organization.
Thales’ 80,000+ employees work in 68 countries on all continents to provide a unique range of world-class technologies and services in five vital markets that include: aerospace, space, ground transportation, defense and security, and digital security. To achieve profitable long-term growth, the €19 bn in annual revenue company strives to develop its customer-centric culture, ramp up its operational performance initiatives, and increase its R&D commitment by investing in technology and talent.
- Thales had identified the following key targets for process improvement beyond the standard SAP functionality they had already implemented:
- Improved/simplified user experience for requisitioners and purchasing team members working inside SAP
- Flexible workflow to control the approval process
- A simple web-based interface for connecting approvers within the system
- Optimization of the P2P process has resulted in the following benefits:
- Better basis for price and conditions negotiations
- Reduced costs for purchasing, logistics, and accounting
- Improved incoming invoice processing
- Improved reporting ability
- Optimized supplier selection
Thales has taken control of its purchasing process. Improved visibility has empowered the team to identify opportunities for supplier consolidation, compare and renegotiate prices and payment terms, and evaluate ongoing supplier performance. Thales has also seen improvements in their accounts payable processes — more inbound invoices are aligned with data from the associated PO, which has resulted in less need for manual user intervention.
Burda Solutions is the internal IT service provider of the international Tech & Media Group Hubert Burda Media. The company’s approximately 200 employees, who are based in Munich, Offenburg, Hamburg, and Berlin, support customers in the Group’s business units, uniting their passion for digital media and IT with innovative editorial services, IT service desk, IT infrastructure, and business solutions.
- Provided services to automate accounts payable
- Improved automation within the EDI processing of incoming invoices
- Performed a system upgrade
Clariant AG is one of the world's leading specialty chemical companies, with over $4 billion (US) in recorded sales for its continuing business in 2018. Based near Basel, Switzerland, Clariant's estimated 17,901 employees create innovative and sustainable solutions for customers across many industries, with research and development efforts focused on addressing the key trends of our time including energy efficiency, renewable raw materials, emission-free mobility, and the conservation of finite resources. Clariant comprises four business areas — Care Chemicals, Natural Resources, Catalysis, and Plastics & Coatings — all of which adhere to the company's five-pillar corporate strategy: focus on innovation and R&D, add value with sustainability, reposition portfolio, intensify growth, and increase profitability.
- Rolled out the automation solution for accounts payable in more than 30 countries
- Process design for three shared service centers, including template creation
- Adjusted accounts payable solution to be S/4HANA compatible
- Combined diverse components to reduce the number of SAP applications
- Integrated e-invoicing (Ariba)
- Implemented SAP New General Ledger
DACHSER SE has implemented innovative, forward-looking business concepts over the past decades to help it become one of the world’s leading logistics companies with EUR 5.6 billion in revenue and over 30,000 employees and 399 sites worldwide. The company, which is headquartered in Kempten, combines the power of a multinational firm with the values of a traditional family-owned and is currently helmed by CEO, Bernhard Simon, the grandson of the company’s founder, Thomas Dachser and the third generation at management level. Like his grandfather, Simon consistently pursues a strategy of sustainability as well as professional financial management, with a focus on continual, integrative growth.
DACHSER has been a client since 2013. During this time, avvaneo has:
- Provided services to automate accounts payable and purchase requisition
- Implemented Purchase Requisition process
- Integrated external logistics systems and implemented known applications to simplify approvals of incoming invoices and ease change management
HILTI makes construction work simpler, faster, and safer with products, systems, software and services that provide clear added value. To ensure the integrity and innovativeness of their products, the Liechtenstein-based company runs its own production plants and cutting-edge research and development centers across the world and invests approximately six percent of yearly sales into research and development. The company, which was founded in 1941, has more than 29,000 employees who engage in approximately 250,000 individual interactions each day with team members, partners, and customers to ensure that Hilti is helping build a better future.
avvaneo has helped Hilti to extend and upgrade their Financial Process Automation platform:
- Provided services to automate accounts payable
- Adjusted Accounts Payable solution to be S/4HANA compatible
- Performed a system upgrade
Munich Airport is the international airport of Munich. With 2018 revenues exceeding 1.5 billion euros — and net profit of 150 million euros — and more than 46.3 million passengers, it is the second-busiest airport in Germany and the eight-busiest airport in Europe. Moreover, with more than 260 destinations in 74 countries via 106 airlines, Munich Airport is also the world’s fifth leading hub behind London Heathrow, Frankfurt, Chicago O’Hare, and Amsterdam, according to the Official Airline Guide. The airport opened in 1992 and currently employees 35,000 people who are committed to sustainability, compliance, environmental protection, and safety.
avvaneo has helped Munich Airport enhance and automate their finance processes
- Provided services to automate accounts payable and journal entries
- Integrated Fiori application
- Designed configuration for new Journal Entries process
- Integrated e-Invoicing
avvaneo has designed, implemented, supported and enhanced financial process automation solutions for more than 150 clients in over 30 countries. Some further highlights include:
For the world's largest sports car manufacturer
- Services around accounts payable, journal entries, asset accounting and payment approval automation
- Adjustment of the accounts payable solution to be S/4HANA compatible
- Fiori App for approval and exception handling
- Design configuration for new process types, including journal entries, asset accounting and payment approval
- Implementation of these new process types in the systems
- Increased automation within EDI processing of incoming invoices
For a multinational travel and tourism company
- Services around Order to Cash (O2C) process automation
- Sales order automation design and implementation
- Automatic creation of outgoing bills / invoices Implementation
- Customer master data maintenance including approval workflow
- Extensive compliance checks for all O2C processes
For an international supermarket chain (one of the 40 largest retailers in the world)
- Services around accounts payable and delivery note automation
- Rollout to 22 SAP systems
- Development of a solution to keep the configuration of all systems synchronized
- Adjustment of the solution to be S/4HANA compatible
One of the world’s largest manufacturers of batteries
- Implemented avvaneo Discover
- Improved automation for tax coding and item determination/proposal